Cross and Crown Lutheran Church and School is a community rooted in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We are committed to growing as his disciples, to studying his Word, and to serving the world in his name. Our founding pastor, the Reverend Leon Holm, chose the name Cross and Crown because the cross of Jesus is central to our faith, and because we know that Jesus now sits at God’s side, crowned in glory. His death and resurrection give us new life.
What We Believe :
- Triune God - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
- We accept the three creeds of Christian Faith - the Apostles Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athansian Creed
- We are saved by grace alone, not by good works
- We are saved through faith alone and the salvation we received through Christ's death on the cross
- The Bible, both old and new testement, are the standards by which the church is based
- The two sacraments recognized by the church are baptism and holy communion
- We do not believe when you die there is a purgatory or that death is preordained. At death your soul is taken into the presence of Jesus where they await the second coming and resurrection to Heaven.
- Membership in the ELCA church is through baptism and confirmation.
As a community rooted in grace, our Mission is to Invite people into a relationship with God, Grow together as devoted followers of Christ, and Serve others by the power of the Holy Spirit.